Did you receive an invitation from UPRC to the Virtual Town Hall about 85 Holton Avenue (St. Giles Church)?
You can see the Friends of St. Giles’ info flyer about UPRC’s June 10th session and our continued support of adaptive re-use for St. Giles below, or download a PDF of the Friends’ flyer here.
UPRC (United Property Resource Corp.) will present their three scenarios for redevelopment of the St. Giles Church site on Thursday, June 10, 2021.
We encourage everyone in the neighbourhood — and all Hamiltonians who care about the city’s history and architecture — to attend! Please attend if you don’t want to see this important church torn down. Hamilton’s St. Giles Church is an irreplaceable architectural gem, designed by prominent local architects Stewart & Witton in 1912. This building has served the community for over 100 years, and can continue to do so: there is no need to demolish it.
How you can participate:
Before June 10th, 2021
- Ahead of time, choose the time you want to attend. You don’t need to RSVP or register. There will be two town halls on June 10th:
- 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- 6pm to 7:30pm
How to join the meeting on June 10th, 2021
- A few minutes before your meeting start time:
- Go online to 85holtonave.com
- Click the “Join the Presentation” button a few minutes before the Zoom meeting starts
- Participate in the Virtual Town Hall and Q&A! It’s an important opportunity for neighbourhood & community voices to be heard, about the future of St. Giles.
Important note: more information is due on UPRC’s St. Giles redevelopment website on Tuesday, June 8, 2021, so you can inform yourself about the options that UPRC will be presenting to the community.